The SIEPR/Economics Predoctoral Research Fellowship program is a full-time, post baccalaureate program designed to prepare individuals wishing to gain valuable training and experience toward a career in academic research in economics or public policy. Fellows will be expected to fully engage in the intellectual life at Stanford University. They dedicating a significant portion of their time to an empirical research project and can take graduate-level courses at Stanford University for credit (up to one course per quarter). The fellowship offers tuition, health insurance, and a living stipend ($48,000 in 2017-2018).
We seek highly skilled and motivated individuals to join our full-time Predoctoral Research Fellows position for a period of at least one year. The positions are based at the Institute for Economic Policy Research at Stanford University. Fellows start in June or July, although a September start date may be negotiable. International applicants are welcome to apply.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Completed a 4-year undergraduate degree (bachelors or foreign equivalent) in economics, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related field;
- A strong quantitative background and interest in learning cutting-edge research methods;
- Creative and independent problem solving skills;
- Experience programming in Stata and R, and may have experience with GIS, Matlab, and other statistical packages; and
- An interest in pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field.
For questions, please contact program manager Elena Cryst.