2019 SIEPR Economic Summit
Your digital privacy is under attack. Pot is legal in more than 30 states. Trade wars are being waged, and regulators are trying to keep pace with the tech giants.
This year’s SIEPR Summit will examine the economic impacts of these issues, among others, and expose how they’re playing out in government agencies and businesses. Join us on Friday, March 8, 2019, for panels and keynotes featuring top scholars, business leaders and prominent policymakers, including:
Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
Jerome Powell, Chair of the Federal Reserve
- Lori Ajax, Chief of the Bureau of Cannabis Control, State of California, and former Chief Deputy Director at the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, State of California
- Jonathan Caulkins, Professor of Operations Research and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University, and former co-director of RAND’s Drug Policy Research Center
- Darrell Duffie, Dean Witter Distinguished Professor of Finance at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Senior Fellow at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
- Tamara Lundgren, President and Chief Executive Officer of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
- Nina Pavcnik, Niehaus Family Professor in International Studies and Chair, Economics Department at Dartmouth College
- Carl Shapiro, Professor of the Graduate School at the Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley, and twice Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Economics at the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Alex Stamos, William J. Perry Fellow at the Center for International Security and Cooperation (CISAC) at Stanford University, and the former Chief Security Officer at Facebook
- Tommaso Valletti, Chief Competition Economist of the European Commission Directorates General Competition, and Professor of Economics at Imperial College Business School and University of Rome
- Heidi Williams, Associate Professor of MIT Department of Economics, and Trione Visiting Associate Professor at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
- Rachel Wilson, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley, Head of Cybersecurity, Wealth Management Technology, and former senior executive at the National Security Agency (NSA)