SIEPR Policy Forum on the App Economy
Once again the Valley is buzzing with startups, new ventures, and concerns about a bubble. Our next Forum will look at how the move to mobile and the explosion of entrepreneurial activity is once more driving innovation.
For the App Economy, we want to look at two big questions:
- What drives the Mobile and App Economy?
- How is the rise of the App Economy - and mobile technology more generally - changing the rest of the economy?
SIEPR Gunn Building
Koret-Taube Conference Center
366 Galvez St.
January 30, 2015
- Erin Coffman, Chetan Sharma, and Alok Gupta: AirBnB
"How Mobile and Big Data Change Travel"
- Amir Ghodrati, AppAnnie – "App + Data"
- Steve Tadelis – UC Berkeley Economics, "Consumer Mobile Payments and Finance Big Data"
- Rick Osterloh, CEO, Motorola Mobility, "Reaching The Next 3 Billion Users"
- Ming Zeng, Chief Strategy Officer, Alibaba
- Ethan Yeh, Lead Economist, Twitter, "Apps for the Developing World"
- Anna Bager, Senior VP, Internet Advertising Bureau, "Mobile Ads and Video"
- Liran Einav, Stanford Economics, "Mobile's Impact on Ecommerce at EBay"
Investing in Connected Commerce