SIEPR Policy Forum on Big Data
Big Data is sweeping business and government. Those with "data skills" are highly sought after job applicants. Some view Big Data as the next big job and productivity generator for the U.S. economy.
At the same time, big data presents a confusing and worrisome challenge. Whether its Big Brother (such as the NSA) or "Little Brother (such as your cell phone company), many are worried about how big data tracks and predicts our every movement.
Come hear, debate, and meet some of the world experts on the impact of big data on our economy. What does it mean for you, your career, and our lives?
SIEPR Gunn Building
Koret-Taube Conference Center
366 Galvez St.
October 25, 2013
Success, Surprises, and Secrets
- Michael Chui: Principal, McKinsey Global Institute, "Big Data's Impact on the Economy"
- Hal Varian: Chief Economist, Google, "Beyond Big Data"
Big Data Skills and Opportunities
- Scott Setrakian, co-founder, Managing Director, APT
- Ari Gesher, Senior Engineer and Engineering Ambassador, Palantir Technologies
- Andrew Adelmann, Special Agent in Charge, U.S. Secret Service
How Big Data Changes Economics