SIEPR Policy Forum on Money, Politics, and the Economy
SIEPR Gunn Building
Koret-Taube Conference Center
366 Galvez St.
May 11, 2012
- Sheila Krumholz (Opensecrets.org): Who Gives, And Where Does it Go?
- Larry Bartels (Vanderbilt) Unequal Democracy: Is There a Partisan Political Economy?
Can Bad Politics Corrupt the Economy?
- Bruce Owen (Stanford): Buying Regulation and Type 2 Corruption
- Adam Bonica (Stanford): Are there Republican and Democratic Corporations?
Campaign 2012 and the Rise of Super PACS
Trevor Potter (former FEC Commissioner, Colbert Super PAC and McCain 2008 General Counsel)
How the Economy Shapes Campaigns
- Lynn Vavreck (UCLA): The Message Matters: How the Economy Drives the Debate.
- David Brady (Stanford): Does the Unemployment Rate Choose the President?
Campaigns and Big Media: A View From Inside
Joel Hyatt (Co-founder and CEO Current TV, national Finance chair for Gore 2000, former US Senate candidate)