Following the economic impact of COVID-19
Main content start
Recent News Articles
What happened to students who left public schools during the pandemic? New research tracks their paths
SIEPR Senior Fellow Thomas S. Dee says the findings point to a need to refocus academic recovery efforts on younger students.
February 09, 2023
Side hustles are twice as common as US jobs data suggest, survey Finds
According to the latest work-from-home survey by SIEPR's Nick Bloom, 10% of workers report having a main job plus at least one other side gig. Read more on Bloomberg News.
February 06, 2023
Related Policy Briefs and Working Papers
- Duggan, M., & Olmstead, S. (2021). A tale of two states: Contrasting economic policy in California and Texas. Policy Brief.
- Barrero, J., Bloom, N., & Davis, S. (2021). Internet Access and Its Implications for Productivity, Inequality, and Resilience. Working Paper.
- Fogli, A., & Pastorino, E. (2021). Challenges and opportunities from the pandemic in Europe: The case of Italy. Policy Brief.
- Goda, G. S., Jackson, E., Nicholas, L. H., & Stith, S. S. (2021). The Impact of Covid-19 on Older Workers’ Employment and Social Security Spillovers. Working Paper.
- Bell, B., Bloom, N., & Blundell, J. (2021). This Time is Not so Different: Income Dynamics During the COVID-19 Recession. Working Paper.
- Bundorf, K., DeMatteis, J., Miller, G., Polyakova, M., Streeter, J., & Wivagg, J. (2021). Risk Perceptions and Protective Behaviors: Evidence from COVID-19 Pandemic. Working Paper.
- Banerjee, A., Chandrasekhar, A., Dalpath, S., Duflo, E., Floretta, J., Jackson, M., Kannan, H., Loza, F., Sankar, A., Schrimpf, A., & Shrestha, M. (2021). Selecting the Most Effective Nudge: Evidence from a Large-Scale Experiment on Immunization. Working Paper.
- Bai, J., Brynjolfsson, E., Jin, W., Steffen, S., & Wan, C. (2021). Digital Resilience: How Work-From-Home Feasibility Affects Firm Performance. Working Paper.
- Cherry, S., Jiang, E. X., Matvos, G., Piskorski, T., & Seru, A. (2021). Government and Private Household Debt Relief during COVID-19. Working Paper.
- Bloom, N., Bunn, P., Mizen, P., Smietanka, P., & Thwaites, G. (2020). The Impact of Covid-19 on Productivity. Working Paper.
- Goodkin-Gold, M., Kremer, M., Snyder, C., & Williams, H. (2020). Optimal Vaccine Subsidies for Endemic and Epidemic Diseases. Working Paper.
- Baker, S., Baksy, A., Bloom, N., Davis, S., & Rodden, J. (2020). Elections, Political Polarization, and Economic Uncertainty. Working Paper.
- Couch, K., Fairlie, R., & Xu, H. (2020). Gender and the COVID-19 Labor Market Downturn. Working Paper.