SIEPR UGRA Program-Academic Year
The UGRA program aims to offer dynamic research opportunities for Stanford undergraduates during the academic year. The UGRA program continues to focus on enriching the student research experience, and will also offer more opportunities for students to participate in the intellectual life of SIEPR.
Each quarter students and their faculty mentor will meet prior to the start of the quarter to agree on project goals and learning outcomes for a quarter-long research experience. The student time commitment is expected to be equivalent to a 3-unit course (approximately 9 hours per week). The fall quarter program will run from September 26 to December 9, 2022.
- Students will be paid a fellowship stipend of $1500 each academic quarter
- One-half of the stipend will be paid at the beginning of the quarter, and the other half at the end of the quarter once the faculty mentor confirms that the student has met the project goals or at least put in a good faith effort to do so.
- Students are not held to a weekly work hour requirement
- Faculty mentors will assess student progress at the middle and at the end of the quarter to make sure students are meeting expectations on their project.
- Students will attend a one-hour weekly working group meeting hosted by SIEPR
- The meetings will offer peer-to-peer interaction, professional development opportunities, and skills training.
- SIEPR will host monthly seminars/presentations for undergraduate students
- Students will submit to SIEPR periodic research summaries throughout the quarter and a final slide summarizing their project outcomes around the end of the quarter
UGRAs must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Stanford. Coterm students who are interested in the program will need to hold undergraduate standing to be eligible for the SIEPR UGRA program.
How to Apply
To apply for the SIEPR UGRA program, fill out the online application using the link below. Please follow the instructions in the application portal. The application will ask you to answer a few general questions about your academic interests.
Please prepare to upload the materials listed below:
A list of the current courses that you are enrolled in for the upcoming quarter.
A cover letter that addresses the following:
Why are you interested in a SIEPR UGRA position?
What is your previous experience, if any, with research?
What are your personal research interests?
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.